Career Coaching is a calling for me. It’s a pleasure to help you with your career goals, whether it’s transitioning from one field to another, prepping for an interview, revising your resume or, if you don’t know what your next career step is, helping you figure that out.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Learn ways to successfully transition out of a poor career choice into something you truly enjoy
- How to develop a job search strategy
- Take your resume from collegiate to professional, with active messaging vs. passive statements
- Interview preparation tips and techniques to use now and that will carry you throughout your career
- Access to my thirty years’ of corporate experience, including job searches and job transitions
- Leverage my extensive network of colleagues throughout the country
Together we will develop a plan to help you achieve your career goals.
I’m ready when you are! Contact me at 469-626-TAMI
My Career Story
Spoiler Alert: My career turned out even better than I imagined!
But that was after a very rocky beginning. My career did not exactly start out as I had planned in school.
As a woman working in engineering it would seem that I had the world at my feet, landing a high paying job at graduation. It didn’t take long for me to realize that I had made a huge mistake when choosing a career – engineering and I just didn’t get along, and we needed to break up.
I had no idea what to do, what I was good at or how I could transition from a technical field into something different. Or what that different field might be.
Unhappy and frustrated, while still working in engineering I took a part-time job at a jewelry store, James Avery Craftsman, where two things occurred:
- I learned that I excel at working with people in a fast-paced environment
- I met James Avery, who became my mentor and long-time friend, encouraging me towards a new career
Armed with a fresh perspective and a bit of bravery, I entered business school, earned my MBA and learned about careers in retail. My first job out of graduate school was with Neiman Marcus, and I’ve never looked back.
Since then I’ve worked for and with six major brands (I can’t go anywhere without seeing a brand I’ve worked for). My experience ranges from being a men’s underwear buyer to working in motorsports to director of marketing and corporate communications to working at PR agency.
I’ve worked with people at all levels of the company and all walks, from shipping and receiving, to CEOs and celebrities.
Looking back, it’s been a great ride and I’m really glad my career did not go according to my original plan.
There have been lots of “Key Learnings” throughout my career that have brought me to where I am today: Career Coach.
- Career Transitions: 4
- New Job Searches: 5
- Lay-Off: 1
- Interviews: countless
In addition, as a hiring manager I’ve read hundreds of resumes and interviewed dozens of candidates.
My real-world experience provides a unique perspective that I share with you, my client, as we work together to achieve your career goals.